The aim of the competition is to capture the essence and spirit of Flying Legends. Images from cameras and smart phones are accepted. The subjects can be anything in the air and on the ground. Warbirds, re-enactors, period vehicles or visitors - everything and anything that represents this unique and exceptional event is welcome.
1st place will receive a voucher for photographic equipment to the value of £1000
2nd place will receive a voucher for photographic equipment to the value of £500
3rd place will receive a voucher for photographic equipment to the value of £250
The runner up will receive 2 Gold Pass tickets to Flying Legends 2019 (one day only, at Flying Legends’ discretion).
All 10 shortlisted images will receive a years subscription to Warbird Digest, kindly provided by Warbird Digest.
A 10 image shortlist will be selected from the submissions by a panel of professional photographers, including famed aviation photographer John Dibbs. Images will be judged on technical aspects such as composition, sharpness & exposure alongside artistic vision and subject matter.
Following this, Stephen and Nick Grey will select the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place images, as well as the runner up.
*Terms and conditions apply
Terms and conditions:
1. Only images taken from public access areas inside the show ground at Flying Legends 2018 (14th and 15th July 2018) may be entered.
2. One submission per entrant. If we suspect abuse of the online submission system, offending submissions will be discounted from the competition.
3. Files submitted must not exceed 1mb in size. We advise to submit the highest quality image possible while remaining under 1mb in size.
4. Entries will close at 23.59 on the 22nd July.
5. All entries must be the original work of the entrant. Please include. Any submissions found to be plagiarised will be discounted from the competition.
6. Images that are submitted are to be as authentic as possible. We will accept photographs that have a moderate degree of digital enhancement, however excessive manipulation such as superimposed or composite images will be disqualified.
7. If your photograph captures an individual, you must take responsibility yourself to seek permission to use the images. We will require letters of written consent from parents and guardians where images of children are used, or we will be unable to accept the submission.
8. The Fighter Collection & Flying Legends decision as to the eligibility of individual photographs will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Submitted photos will be the property of both The Fighter Collection & Flying Legends’ and both The Fighter Collection & Flying Legends’ will have the right to use images submitted images for promotional purposes. The images, when used, will be accredited to the photographers (with their permission).
10. If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made within a 28 day window, both The Fighter Collection & Flying Legends reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
11. You must be a UK resident to enter the competition.
12. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
13. Employees and associates of The Fighter Collection and/or Flying Legends, and their family members, are excluded from entering.
13. By entering, entrants agree to these terms.